Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Adri's Deviled Eggs+ - luxury protein!

I never made deviled eggs before - they looked super hard to make!

During Christmas season 2017 I spent the time at my dear friends the Valencias, and one of those days Adri came up with deviled eggs, quinoa and bruschetta for lunch. All healthy and very memorable, since for starters we used the egg machine that does various eggs to perfection without boiling them in water. Super high tech!

Anyway, here is the recipe for the eggs, plus. I still don't know how to cook quinoa, so I can't share...yet. But what I can say is it consisted of Quinoa, olive oil, one diced tomato and freshly picked basil.

DEVILED EGGS

4 - 8 white or brown eggs.

Dijon mustard
Olive oil
Salt
Black pepper

Extra stuff

Mayo - teaspoonful or else it drowns everything else
Chipped Ham
Chipped Banana Peppers  - about 4 pieces will do
Parsley

Boil the eggs hard boiled. For those without the egg machine, boil the eggs for about 8 minutes. Then drain the eggs, and fill the pot with cool water and ice. Leave for about 10 minutes. The ice helps the eggshells peel right off (my other friend told me, and it works).

Peel eggs and cut them vertically.
Remove the yolk and place in a bowl.
Add mustard, mayo, about half teaspoon olive oil, a teaspoon Dijon mustard, dash salt and pepper, the ham and peppers.

Mix it and then spoon back into the egg hollow.
Top with parsley.

Serve with whatever you like. The bruschetta was nice!

I recreated it, with photos. Sorry, no quinoa...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bek8dnWn4Ju/?hl=en&taken-by=astridfranchiska


No comments:

Post a Comment